Feng Shui is about arranging your space to reflect your vision.
It’s also is about arranging your time and priorities to make sure you’re acting on that vision.
How does your time reflect your goals? Grab a notepad and answer these few questions:
1. What is the #1 most important thing in your life today?
2. On a daily basis, how much time do you spend on the #1 most important thing in your life? (round to the nearest hour or half hour)
3. What are your #2 and #3 top priorities?
4. On a daily basis, how much time do you spend on the #2 and #3 most important things in your life? (round to the nearest hour or half hour)
5. Now, add up the amount of time you spend on Priorities 1, 2 & 3.
Got the total number of hours?
6. Now, take the total hours from question 5, and divide it by 16. (There are 16 waking hours in the day)
So it would be: Your total hours /16 hours = % (it will be a percentage)
The percentage of time you spend on your top 3 priorities each day is _________%
HOW DID YOU DO?
Over 50%: Amazing commitment to aligning your life to support what is most important to you!
Tip: Please reply to this email and let me know! I have a couple follow up questions for you, and may feature your replies in my next newsletter.
35-49%: Wonderful, you’re dedicated to your priorities, while balancing the other parts of life.
Tip: Continue to spot-check how you’re using your time, especially when you go through transitions in your life (such as a new job, moving to a different home, change in your relationship, etc.) Keep up the great work.
20-34%: You might be striving to focus on what is important to you, however it’s a bit of a tug-of war.
Tip: It’s worth looking at what areas are taking the majority of your time. Try to find small, but significant, ways you can shift more time towards your top priorities.
Under 20%: Your priorities are taking a back seat to the rest of your life. It’s time to give more attention to what really matters to you.
Tip: It doesn’t serve anyone if you are not feeling nurtured and inspired in your life. Think of one action can you take today to reorient towards your top priority?
This is your life, and you deserve to spend your time focusing on what’s most important to you.
Did you have any insights as a result of looking at your time? I’d love to hear your thoughts! Hit reply and let me know.
Watch for Part 2 of the Feng Shui Quiz: Room For What’s Important – coming soon.